#TeamBulk are hiring a Procurement Manager
Bulk is on an incredible journey, with a mission to move the business from a manufacturing-led retailer to a destination brand for active nutrition. We are shaking up the sports nutrition industry through disruptive marketing campaigns that help people think differently about our brand – and we want you to be a part of it!
We want passionate risk-takers. 🔥
We want people that like to challenge our thinking. 🧠
We want people that have a passion for nutrition, health and fitness. 🤩
Inventory procurement and management is at the heart of everything we do and we’re looking for an experienced, passionate and driven individual to join Team Bulk as our Procurement Manager. This is a newly formed role that will own our supplier management and purchasing plans. You will ensure that bulk™ has the best in class suppliers across the product range whilst hitting gross margin targets.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced, ambitious buyer to join the business and take the lead in managing and growing our supplier base across the world to ensure that we use the best ingredients available to maintain bulk’s reputation of offering the best products in the sector. This is no small task, with over 300 unique products, 1000+ SKUs and thousands of components/ingredients currently in the range.
You will be a great negotiator, with the ability to secure a deal and implement a long-term sourcing strategy in equal measure. You will know the nutrition market inside-out and work with our Product team to find the very best products and ingredients, not only for the current range but also for all our exciting NPD plans.
What will you be doing?
- Lead the business’ approach to purchasing, devising and delivering short and medium term procurement plans for ingredients, sundries, packaging and third party products alongside the Head of Inventory Planning & Procurement.
- Create, develop and ensure implementation of procurement strategies and guidelines for areas such as Process & Excellence, Sourcing, Risk Management, Benchmarking, Supplier Management, Safety, Sustainability & Profitability.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to positively influence procurement decisions, working for constant “client satisfaction” with internal stakeholders.
- Lead And Manage quarterly and annual tender process in partnership with Inventory Planning team ensuring ‘Just in Time’ flow of raw materials/sundries to support stock availability and manufacturing efficiency/output.
- Negotiate the right mix of MOQs and costs prices to balance working capital and margin across all of our locations as agreed with the Head of Inventory Planning & Procurement.
- Partner with the Product team to find the appropriate supplier(s) for each component in our product range including new product/category launches.
- Manage a master list of suppliers and supply options for each product and support Supplier Relationship Management in partnership with the Inventory Planning team.
- Taking accountability for full-price gross margins by delivering on cost price targets.
- Ad Hoc tasks as directed by the Head of Inventory Planning & Procurement or Executive team.
What are we looking for?
- Experience in the sports nutrition / ingredients sector (or similar) is highly desirable.
- Excellent communication skills, able to negotiate confidently with suppliers and work with all levels of management and stakeholders.
- A proactive self starter with a positive mind set.
- A track record of ingredient sourcing and supplier onboarding.
- Experience in managing purchasing strategies and running tender processes.
- The ability to manage multiple priorities across a range of stakeholders.
- A team player, who is equally as happy to lead and to jump into the detail.
What do we offer?
- Monthly Bulk Bank Benefits Allowance 🏦 including a subsidised Gym Membership 🏋️
- A day off to celebrate your Birthday 🎂
PerkBox Subscription 👍
50% discount on all Bulk products 💰
- Additional Annual Leave (optional) ⛱
- Teammate Pension Scheme 💰
- A day off for Volunteering (optional) 🤗
- Cycle to Work Scheme 🚲
Happy Hour Drinks Fridge (Thursdays & Fridays) 🎉
- Bulk Pantry 🍴
- Summer Working Hours ☀️
Location: London (Liverpool Street)
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you to join us, then make sure you click Apply Now to get started on your journey with #TeamBulk.
Bulk takes your privacy seriously and will only use your personal information to administer your application for this role. When you apply, we shall process your details for this vacancy only and we will not pass your details onto a third party. We may contact you by email, text or telephone about the progress of your application. This processing is conducted lawfully on the basis of legitimate interests.