Bulk is on an incredible journey, with a mission to become the only destination brand for active nutrition.
We are shaking up the sports nutrition industry through disruptive marketing campaigns that help people think differently about our brand – and we need your help!
We want passionate risk-takers. We want people that like to challenge our thinking. We want people that live and breathe digital and have a passion for nutrition, health, fitness, and sports.
Inventory procurement and management is at the heart of everything we do and we’re looking for an experienced, passionate and driven individual to join team bulk as our Procurement Manager. This is a newly formed role that will own our supplier management and purchasing plans. You will ensure that Bulk has the best in class suppliers across the product range whilst hitting gross margin targets
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced, ambitious buyer to join the business and take the lead in managing and growing our supplier base across the world to ensure that we use the best ingredients available to maintain bulk’s reputation of offering the best products in the sector. This is no small task, with over 300 unique products, 1000+ SKUs and thousands of components/ingredients currently in the range.
You will be a great negotiator, with the ability to secure a deal and implement a long-term sourcing strategy in equal measure. You will know the nutrition market inside-out and work with our Product team to find the very best products and ingredients, not only for the current range but also for all our exciting NPD plans.
What will you be doing?
- Leading the business’ approach to purchasing, devising and delivering short and medium term procurement plans for ingredients, sundries, packaging and third party products alongside the Head of Inventory Planning & Procurement
- Managing annual and quarterly tender processes
- Negotiating the right mix of MOQs and costs prices to balance working capital and margin across all of our locations as agreed with the Head of Inventory Planning & Procurement
- Working with the Product team to find the appropriate supplier(s) for each component in our product range and for new launches
- Understanding new suppliers and ingredients in the nutrition sector and working with the Product team on their suitability
- Managing risk strategies for key ingredients and sundries
- Taking accountability for full-price gross margins by delivering on cost price targets
- Managing a master list of suppliers and supply options for each product
- Ad Hoc tasks as directed by the Head of Inventory Planning & Procurement or Executive team
What are we looking for?
- Experience in the sports nutrition / ingredients sector (or similar) is a must
- A proactive self starter with a positive mind set
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to foster long term relationships
- A skilled and proven negotiator
- A track record of ingredient sourcing and supplier onboarding
- Experience in managing purchasing strategies and running tender processes
- The ability to manage multiple priorities across a range of stakeholders
- A team player, who is equally as happy to lead and to jump into the detail
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary
- 50% company discount
- Company pension
- PerkBox subscription
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Summer working hours
- Slick office in a co-working space
Location: London (Liverpool Street) or Colchester (Essex)
Bulk takes your privacy seriously and will only use your personal information to administer your application for this role. When you apply, we shall process your details for this vacancy only and we will not pass your details onto a third party. We may contact you by email, text or telephone about the progress of your application. This processing is conducted lawfully on the basis of legitimate interests.