Bulk is at the start of an incredible journey, with a mission to move the business from a manufacturing-led retailer to a destination brand for active nutrition. Dedicated to empowering every athlete and every person with the right nutrition and inspiration they need to set their goals, achieve them, and surpass them. We believe that sport, health and fitness is for everyone, no matter who you are, what you do, how you do it, and a healthy lifestyle is a process that never truly stops. That’s why we’ve committed ourselves to creating world-class and the very best in nutrition for every step of that process.
Having just rebranded and repositioned the brand, we want to shake up the sports nutrition industry through disruptive marketing campaigns and activations, that help people think differently about us and who we are and what we do.
We’re looking for an exceptional Senior Copywriter to join our in-house Creative team to shape and develop our brand voice, messaging and all of our written communications. A literary force who can combine their conceptual copywriting skills with pragmatic writing ability to write, refine and define how we communicate with our consumers and audiences through the power of words. Someone who has demonstrated experience in leading a brand’s written communication with ability to deliver our brand tone in a dynamic and consistent way across a spectrum of channels and touchpoints, whilst thriving at the opportunity to utilise words to drive attraction, engagement and impact.
In this role you will work with the Head of Brand, leading the ongoing evolution of our brand tone of voice, delivering written communications, copy and messaging to all functions of the business. Playing a critical role in creative development, working directly with the Creative Lead to conceptualise and ideate campaigns, activations and content, whilst also handling the day to day requirements across the business of all copy and translations. This hands-on role really touches every aspect of our brand, from product, marketing, corporate and internal communications; where your extensive experience will ensure the brand develops its brand voice in all aspects of communications.
Your ability to apply our brand vision, principles and values to work will ensure that best in class copywriting and words are applied to all our marketing communications and brand activation efforts.
What will you be doing?
- Copywriting leadership with inspiration - evolving the brand’s tone of voice and delivering compelling copy and words for all brand and business needs.
- Set the standard for copywriting excellence across the brand, our channels and touchpoints, with consideration to our brand vision, principles and values.
- Lead and implement improvements for our brand tone of voice and consistency of messaging across marketing channels from social, blog, .com, CRM, acquisition, paid media and more. Evolving our brand voice and ensuring it’s application across all areas of marketing and the wider business.
- Be a figurehead within the business advocating for copy, and build excellent relationships with all departments, providing support, guidance and words.
- Be a key partner to our Creative Lead through all aspects of creative development.
- Ownership of all copywriting requirements and translations across the business.
- Present copy to teams in a clear and compelling manner, collating feedback and managing refinements.
- Develop and deliver best practices for processes, operations and culture in the Creative team.
- Understanding of the power of words and the weight they hold to inspire and drive action.
What are we looking for?
- 5+ years of experience in an creative agency, in-house team or with a proven track record as a freelance writer.
- Demonstrated experience, expertise and fluency in creative writing, storytelling and functional writing, with ability to effectively communicate to audiences and consumers with a brand voice.
- Experience and expertise of the creative development process - through conceptualisation, ideation, creation and execution.
- An ability to work both proactively and reactively in the development and delivery of written communication, being at the centre of multiple functions and teams.
- A true admiration and respect for the power of words and the impact they can have.
- Ability to clearly articulate and present copy and ideas in response to briefs.
- Ability to successfully build internal and external relationships at all levels of leadership.
- Experience of working in multi-disciplinary teams and matrix management organisations.
- Experience in mentoring teams/junior team members.
- Confident leading and working as part of a team, with ability to adapt as required.
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary
- 50% company discount
- Company pension
- PerkBox subscription
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Summer working hours
- Slick office in a co-working space
Location: London (Liverpool Street)
Bulk takes your privacy seriously and will only use your personal information to administer your application for this role. When you apply, we shall process your details for this vacancy only and we will not pass your details onto a third party. We may contact you by email, text or telephone about the progress of your application. This processing is conducted lawfully on the basis of legitimate interests.