Bulk is at the start of an incredible journey, with a mission to move the business from a manufacturing-led retailer to a destination brand for active nutrition. Dedicated to empowering every athlete and every person with the right nutrition and inspiration they need to set their goals, achieve them, and surpass them. We believe that sport, health and fitness is for everyone, no matter who you are, what you do, how you do it, and a healthy lifestyle is a process that never truly stops. That’s why we’ve committed ourselves to creating world-class and the very best in nutrition for every step of that process.
Having just rebranded and repositioned the brand, we want to shake up the sports nutrition industry through disruptive marketing campaigns and activations, that help people think differently about us and who we are and what we do.
We’re looking for an exceptional Creative Lead who can combine their leadership skills with problem solving, critical thinking and creativity, to shape and develop the future of our brand and our creative output. Someone who has demonstrated experience in leading a highly functional cross-discipline team to deliver all of our creative output.
In this role you will work with the Head of Brand, leading the development of all brand creative, our marketing campaigns, brand activations and content, whilst also leading a team to handle the day to day design and creation of assets and content. This hands-on role really touches every aspect of our brand, from campaigns, content, packaging, through to corporate stationery and brand guidelines; where your extensive experience will ensure that the team develops its capabilities and expands our creative capabilities.
You will have demonstrated experience in producing outstanding creative in response to marketing, communications and design briefs. Delivering against critical deadlines and with budget ownership, you'll need to keep up to date on current creative, design and cultural trends and continually bringing fresh, challenging ideas to transform the brand.
Your ability to apply our brand vision, principles and values to work will ensure that best in class creative and design is applied to all our marketing communications and brand activation efforts.
What will you be doing?
- Creative and design leadership with inspiration - developing the brand’s overall creative and art direction.
- Lead the development of concepts for campaigns, activations and content for all brand marketing needs and bring them to life in execution.
- Set the standard for design and creative excellence across the brand, our channels and touchpoints.
- Lead and implement improvements for our brand creative across marketing channels from social, .com, CRM, acquisition, paid media and more.
- Be a figurehead within the business advocating for creative and design, and build excellent relationships with all departments.
- Development and ownership of our brand and creative guidelines.
- Present work and creative to teams in a clear and compelling manner, collating feedback and managing refinements.
- Develop and deliver best practices for processes, operations and culture in the Creative team.
What are we looking for?
- Expert user of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator etc)
- Understanding of motion and 3D software (After Effects, Premier, C4D etc).
- Be an inspirational creative leader - with demonstrated experience in leading creative and design for major brands, organisations or agencies.
- Proven ability in offering a multi-skilled response to creative briefs.
- Ability to clearly articulate and present creative concepts and general insights in response to briefs.
- Ability to successfully build internal and external relationships at all levels of leadership.
- Experience of working in multi-disciplinary teams and matrix management organisations.
- Experience in mentoring teams/junior team members.
- Confident leading and working as part of a team, with ability to adapt as required.
What should your portfolio show?
- Examples of outstanding creative and design work for brands.
- Examples of work specifically for brand and marketing communications.
- Exceptional graphic design skills (motion a bonus).
- Impeccable spelling and grammar.
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary
- 50% company discount
- Company pension
- PerkBox subscription
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Summer working hours
- Slick office in a co-working space
Location: London (Liverpool Street)
Bulk takes your privacy seriously and will only use your personal information to administer your application for this role. When you apply, we shall process your details for this vacancy only and we will not pass your details onto a third party. We may contact you by email, text or telephone about the progress of your application. This processing is conducted lawfully on the basis of legitimate interests.